Mustard beer butter goes well with grilled pork and pork products, especially sausages. That’s not to rule out grilled chicken or fish. Unwrap the roll and cut it crosswise into ½ inch thick slices. Place a slice on the hot grilled food.
This recipe will go great with sausage! What can be a better combo? This recipe brings together sausage, mustard, and beer! To reinforce the mustard flavor use three types: seed, powder, and prepared. The choice of the prepared mustard is up to you, a French mustard will give you a different flavor than a honey mustard … pick your choice. It will make for a great combo either way!
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons black mustard seeds
- ¼ cup finely chopped shallots
- ½ cup dark beer
- 2 teaspoons wine or distilled white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard, or more to taste
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) salted butter, at room temperature
- Place both mustard seeds, the shallots, vinegar, and beer in a small saucepan and bring to boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to a medium and simmer until most of the beer has evaporated and the mixture is thick and syrupy. for 6 to 8 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and cool to room temperature.
- Place the mustard powder, prepared mustard, and butter in a mixing bowl and stir or whisk until light and fluffy. Stir in the mustard-beer mixture. Correct the seasoning, adding more prepared mustard or vinegar if needed.
- Wrap, roll, and store the butter . this will make about ¾ a cup and will serve up to 12 people.