Posted on December 12th, 2008 by Bratwurst Recipes
This is a perfect Bratwurst Snack if you are craving for something easy to do, and even easier to teat.
- 12 fresh 4 to 5 inch long Bratwurst Sausages
- Coarse Salt
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Cracked fennel seeds
- Pita bread for serving
- Place a layer of Bratwurst, skin side down, in a small baking dish or casserole. Lightly sprinkle with coarse salt and continue layering and salting until all of the Bratwurst are in the pan. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Remove the Bratwurst from the refrigerator and uncover. Pour the vinegar over the top and again cover with plastic wrap. Place the Bratwurst in the refrigerator to marinate for about 6 hours.
- Remove the Sausage from the refrigerator, uncover, and drain off all the liquid.
- Add 2 cups of olive oil to the dish, again cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or up to 3 days.
- Place the Bratwurst Sausage in the oven to cook for about 40 minutes in a temperature of 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- When ready to serve, remove the Bratwurst from the oven and place 2 on each of 6 meze plates. Drizzle with a bit of the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt, cracked black pepper, and cracked fennel seeds. Serve with pita bread.