This recipe will look as if it took a long time to prepare, however half an hour is about all the time you need to make this delicious Bratwurst recipe. The good news is that you can also refrigerate this recipe after you made it, and heat it up at a later time.
A word of advice, it is best to find mushrooms that are at least an inch and a half in width.
- One clove of garlic that is super minced
- half teaspoon of Oregano
- Two tablespoons of dry sherry
- A quarter cup of dry bread crumbs
- Two tablespoons of butter
- Two tablespoons of minced onions
- One tablespoon of fresh chopped parsley
- One quarter pound of Bratwurst Sausage
- Eighteen large mushroom caps
- One quarter pound of grated mozzarella cheese
- Ground pepper and salt
Steps to make Bratwurst Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
This recipe will make a total of six to eight servings.
- Begin by washing the mushrooms, and removing the stems. Take the stems, and chop them finely.
- Grab a large skillet, and melt the two tablespoons of butter. You want to saute the mushroom caps, but be gentle when sauteing. You want to do it for about 2 to 3 minutes, or if you prefer, you can do it until they are golden. If you observe that they are shrinking, it is also time to remove the mushrooms. Set it aside on a plate that has a paper towel, or something similar to drain it some of the oils.
- With the skillet, mix in the Bratwurst Sausage and onions, and saute them until the onions are crisp, and the Bratwurst has lost its pinkish color. Remove the Bratwurst Sausage and onions and place on the side.
- Add the food from step 2 into the skillet, and saute for two more minutes.
- Take the skillet away from the heat, and add to it the following items, the parsley, oregano, sherry, garlic, salt and pepper to taste, and be sure to mix all of this together.
- Add the Bratwurst sausage and onions, and mix again.
- Grab the shredded mozzarella and add it to the mixture, and stir again.
- Put an equivalent amount of stuffing into each cap.
- Turn your oven on, and set it to Broiler mode.
- Take your caps, and place them on a baking sheet that has been lightly greased. Place the baking sheet in the oven, and leave it there for approximately two to three minutes, or until you observe that the cheese has melted to your desires.
- You may also refrigerate the caps, until you want to bake them in the oven, it is up to you.