This recipe is one of my personal favorites, that my mom has always made, and tried out different variations of. Once you savor and taste this recipe, you will see just how delicious it really is!
Ingredients needed for this recipe
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 pound of bratwurst sausage
- 7 large potatoes
- 1 large onion, peeled, and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper
How to make the Bratwurst with Potato German style
- Take your Bratwurst sausage, and Saute them in vegetable oil, until they are cooked through, generally, this will take about 25 minutes. Your time may vary, depending on the thickness of your Bratwurst sausage, and other factors.
- While the Bratwurst are cooking, with the 7 large potatoes, you want to boil them, after they are cooked, peel them, and slice them!
- Peel the onions, and then thinly slice them to your size preference.
- Now that you have the Bratwurst cooked, potatoes, and the onions sliced and ready to go. You want to first mix together the potatoes, and onions. Make sure you’re potatoes have been sliced before mixing them together.
- Once that is done, you want to cut your cooked Bratwurst sausage into tiny bite size pieces. When you complete the cutting, go ahead and mix the bratwurst in together with the potato and onions. Also add about one-quarter cup of the vegetable oil to the mix.
- At this point, you are almost done, just add the vingar, salt and pepper. And season to your taste until your taste buds are happy.
This recipe will serve 4 people.
*If you don’t like vinegar, you can also try to subsitute if with mayonaise, and the recipe will taste just as wonderful, if not better. Personaly I like mayonaise better, but the standard german way is to use vinegar. It is up to you. Enjoy!Posted in Recipe